- About Us
- Legislative Session & Scorecard
- Elections & Endorsements
- County Chapters
- News & Events
- Act Now
- Support Us
Clackamas County Green Links
The Clackamas County Steering Committee is working to protect our local farmers, trees and wild areas.
Information and groups who are working to protect our Green Infrastructure
- Tree conservation ordinance experts Urban Green
- Help restore natural areas in parks so children play and learn about nature. Friends of North Clackamas Park
- Promoting parks in high density neighborhoods and other areas. Friends of North Clackamas Park
- Update zoning codes so that people can preserve green infrastructure. Urban Green
- Protect Three Creeks, a natural area below the Aquatic Center. Friends of North Clackamas Park
- Protect Tannler West - the white oak savannah outside of Willamette. Email Steven Amick to get involved.
Information and groups who are working to improve our Transportation Choices
- Alternative transportation issues: mass transit/light rail issues/bike paths/ linear parks- Bicycle Transportation Alliance
- Milwaukie Light Rail Project
- Columbia River Crossing, a regional issue- Coalition for a Livable Future
Information and groups working toward Sustainable Development Policies
- Supporting Sustainable designs for integrating habitat - Urban Green www.ccurbangreen.org
- LNG: BARK opposes the LNG pipeline and its environmental impacts.
- Friends of Living Oregon Waters (FLOW)
- Protecting local farms by eating locally grown food and growing your own gardens. Growing Gardens
- Find and support a Farmer's Market near you.
- Protect Native American archeological and cultural resources. Contact Jim Nicita for more information.
- Reconsidering density projections, analyze potential restrictions to growth. Urban Green
- Protect our wildlife habitat using your passion for birds. Audubon Society
Information and groups that are working to protect Water Quality and Quantity
- Work to clean up Clackamas rivers, restoring County watersheds. Clackamas River Water Basin Council
- Stormwater issues: Stormwater permitting, disconnecting gutters, saving stormwater for irrigation. Johnson Creek Watershed Council
- Alternative energy jobs, solar research. Environment Oregon
- Reduce green house gas emission and carbon footprint. 1,000 Friends of Oregon
Fish and Wildlife Protection
- Feral cats decimate the bird population. Humane cat control. Feral Cat Coalition
- Protect and improve fish passage. NW Steel Headers
Join us in fighting for Oregon's environment
OLCV EMAIL SIGNUP
In my role on the Clackamas County OLCV steering committee, I am presented with new and exciting avenues of personal engagement in environmental conservation and political action.
Kelly Bantle, Clackamas County steering committee member